Group Project Season

In all of my classes, except the one I blog for, I am currently working on a group project. You would think I would get used to them by now with their frequency in my major, but I still slightly dread them. 

I know that my future career will involve working with lots of other people on the same projects, but there's a lot of difference between the academic world and the professional world. In the academic world, you run into lots of students who really don't seem to care or have the ability to bring creativity and ideas to the table. They get by by putting in minimal work to make sure their name appears on the final project. 

I am not one of those people. Although I consider myself to be a very introverted person, I always find myself in the leadership position of a group project. Maybe I am just a little stubborn, but I don't see a project becoming successful unless I am able to express my ideas through out it. 

It is stressful when you have 4 different projects happing at the same time. It's easy to forget a deadline or a meeting. Group projects in my college classes have taught me the fundamentals of working with other people. 

I just hope the professional world is full of more hardworking people. 

Comments

Popular Posts