I love my city



I don't plan on staying in Oklahoma City for the rest of my life. Although I love it and it will always be home, I know there are so many other places out there that I want to experience long term.

When I think of all the things I love about living in Oklahoma City, there are a few specific places that come to mind. 


Oklahoma City does a great job of incorporating art into its culture and the lifestyles of its citizens. The place in Oklahoma City that does it better than anyone else is the Paseo Arts District. I was fortunate enough to go to high school just a few blocks away from the Paseo which meant a lot of time spent at Paseo Pottery, Craig's Emporium, and Sauced. It also meant attending every First Friday art walk my senior year of high school. 

My time spent in the Paseo created some of my most valued memories from high school. I went on my very first date on a First Friday in the Paseo. I laughed with friends and tried new foods in the Paseo. 

Tomorrow, I even have my first internship interview for a position doing public relations for the Paseo. Being able to work and dedicate my time to the Paseo would mean so much to me since the district has already done so much to change my life. This is my dream internship and I am excited to see what it could hold for me. 

Comments

Popular Posts