Can't spell diet without "die"

Like many people in this world, I have struggled with my body image ever since puberty. When I look at pictures of me from high school, I look so good... even though I thought I was huge back then. 

What makes us think that we will never be as beautiful as we want to be? What keeps us from appreciating the moment? We waste so much of our time focused on things that don't matter to anyone else except ourselves. 

Sure, I would love to look like a Victoria's Secret model, but I know that's not realistic for me. I'm not going to starve myself of the foods I have always loved to fit some standard the world thinks I need to fit in. I am going to do what makes me healthy and happy. 

I have started going to the gym at least 4 times a week and I feel great. I have stopped eating out almost everyday and I am saving money. Losing weight is just a small perk. 

I'm not seeking out your compliments or appraisal. 

Being healthy shouldn't be about a diet. It should be about loving yourself. 

Comments

Popular Posts